And the Winner is: Katherine!!
Please check your email for details.
And that from a child thou has known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works (2Tim. 3:15-17)
Everywhere I go I hear parents asking why children behave the way they behave…why adults behave the way they behave and why the world seems to be getting worse.
The answer…is pretty simple. First, we are all born sinners. Second, we all need the Holy Spirit to change us. While we, as parents can not make our children choose Jesus as their savior, we can help them by reading God’s word to them…daily. Not just once a day, but throughout the day.
Before I began homeschooling, I sought out good, Biblical doctrine for helping raise my children. However, a few years ago, I was introduced to Doorposts…and I wish I had known about them….well before I had children.
I love their Topical reference guide for Biblical Child-training: For Instruction In Righteousness! It is a beautifully written guide that can be used throughout the day as a quick reference for individual problems in our homes…and as a family worship and Bible Study guide.
The book is divided into various topics with subtopics:
- Sins of a Proud Heart: Pride, Self-Righteousness, Hypocrisy, Stubbornness/Self-will, Disobedience, Defiance, Scoffer/Scorner, Arguing/Contention, Brawling Woman, Vanity/Over-Concern for Beauty, Judging Others, Confidence in Riches
- Sins of Discontent: Complaining/Ingratitude, Selfishness/Greed, Envy/Jealousy, Covetousness, Rules for Borrowers, Theft
- Sins of Unbelief: Easily Swayed/Double-Minded, Backsliding, Discouragement/Giving Up, Depression, Fear, Worry/Anxiety
- Sins of an Undisciplined Life: Laziness, Unfaithful Employee, Haste, Impatience/Irritability, Anger, Gluttony/Pleasure-seeking, Drunkenness/Drug Abuse, Immorality/Sexual Sin
- Sins of the Tongue: Lying/Deceit/Dishonesty, Shifting Blame/Making Excuses, False Witness, Gossip/Slander/Tattletale, Meddling/Busybody, Foolish, Unclean Speech, Flattery
- Sins of an Unloving Heart: Hatred, Bitterness, Hitting/Biting/Kicking/Harming Others, Revenge, Bullying/Cruelty, Unkind, Unwise Speech, Insensitivity/Lack of Compassion
- Sins in Relationships: Bad Friendships, Poor Manners, Teasing/Trouble making
For Instructions in Righteousness does not stop there, though. It includes:
Comparisons of the Obedient and the Disobedient:
- Foolishness vs. Wisdom
- Wickedness vs. Righteousness
- Comparison Worksheet
Last, it has a great way to help you and your family with more resources:
- Helping your Children Learn from Scripture
- Using FIIR For Life-Changing Bible Study
- Thoughts on Rewarding Children
- Thoughts on Paying Children for work
This is the third edition of For Instruction In Righteousness. I keep it on our couch in our living room…it’s next to a beautiful table my Aunt refinished…with a lamp and a place for a cup of tea. I read through a section every morning with our children. What do I read? I write down (each day) different heart issues we have in our home (including my own)…then, the next morning, we will sit as a family and read through various scripture and recommendations found in For Instruction In Righteousness. This is not the only time I use this book. During the day, as each child runs into a problem….we will sit down together and talk about it (in private). We will read recommended scripture and pray.
I believe this book will become extremely tattered and worn in our home. I love the recommended reading in it for Bible Study and am thankful to have it.
Now for the fun part….I get to give a copy away
Required to Enter
Visit Door Posts and leave a comment about anything you learn on their site
Additional Entries (not required to enter)
Follow Door Posts on Facebook
Tweet About this contest
Share on Facebook
Like Mom’s Mustard Seeds on Facebook and/or Blog
The winner will be selected by AND THE WINNER IS WordPress based on comments received by 11:59 on 9/14/2011
I am sharing this great giveaway at Hip Homeschool Mom’s giveaway day!
Disclosure: I received a free copy of For Instruction in Righteousness, in exchange for my honest opinion. No other compensation was received.